Friday 11 May 2007

Security Exchange Flash Game

I made this game originally for another website but reused to code for this game and changed all the graphics. The graphics wasn't done by me but I was the integrater and programmer so I had to replace all the symbols and stuff like that. I got the job because the company in-charge of this posted a request for help on the IGDA Singapore forum and I replied.

I'd say I was quite satisfied to do this job because I had the code mostly there and the graphic artist was also producing nice stuff for the game as you can see so it was nice to work on it. My only qualm was that I realised I quoted a price abit too low compared to the normal market rate which I shan't forgive myself for. Bargh! Just a shoutout to all flash developers out there: I don't care who you are, what you do, but please don't undercut the market rate. Its bad bad bad.

About the game, its basically arkanoid or breakout whichever you're more familiar with. You control the paddle at the bottom with your keyboard by moving it left or right and trying to keep the ball in the play area and smash tiles to gain points. Occasionally, powerups or powerdowns may drop from tiles and the player can collect them the icon hits the paddle.

I can't really post the game here so here's the website it was hosted on but the game has been taken down after the event.

and here's some screenshots:




title

instructions page 2

first stage

eigth stage

stage complete

game over

No comments:

Get Adsense

Want to earn money like me? Get Google Adsense now by clicking this